I'm Back!

It's been awhile since I've wrote one of these. Truth is, I've had a lot of ideas that just never made it, most of them I just couldn't think of enough to say and some where I just didn't feel like sitting down and typing it out. But since I'm just sitting at home, sipping coffee, and watching the day go by, I figured now is as good a time as any. So without further ado, here are some random thoughts from over the past weeks.

McDonalds cheese is expensive. Now I'm sure most of you have never really sat down and pondered about how much one slice of cheese actually costs, so I've done some research for you. 4 cents. If you go to the grocery store and by a package of individually wrapped cheese, the price per slice (That sounded pretty cool, maybe I should be a rapper! Ok for now on, imagine me rapping the words as you read along.) is about 4 cents. There's the background for you, now to the story.

I went to McDonalds a couple weeks back because I was hungry and didn't want to spend a lot of money on food. Hello Dollar Menu! I have become accustomed to the Dollar Menu and it's Double Cheeseburger that is oh so delicious. I drive up to the speaking menu and order my Double Cheeseburger. It pops up on the order screen as $1.19. What the hell!? I ask the menu why it's not a dollar. It responds saying the Double Cheeseburger is $1.19, the McDouble is $1. Ok? What's the difference. The menu says the McDouble has one slice of cheese and the Double Cheeseburger has two. I figure this has to be Barack Obama's fault, I don't know why, but I like to blame it on him anyway, since this change obviously came after he took office. I'm no fool, I order the McDouble. Who cares about an extra slice of cheese? A mouse maybe, but not me. Funny thing is when I unwrapped it, it had 2 slices of cheese on it and I only paid a dollar. HAHA! TAKE THAT RONALD MCDONALD!

So I have now come to realize that apparently McDonalds charges 5x the normal price on stuff. So that McDouble should really only cost about 20 cents to make. We need to exploit this.

I have also come to realize that I am not an NBA Draft expert. The days leading up to the draft I acted like one. I thought I knew what was going on and made my own mock draft. As I sat down to watch the draft, I was feeling pretty good about it. I got 6 of the first 10 right (The only picks I missed were just flipped flopped). Missed the 11 pick. Got the 12 pick right. Missed the rest. If I had a day job, I wouldn't quit it.

Tracie said some funny things a few weeks ago, but since I was too lethargic to write about them, I can only remember one of them. We were at Blockbuster renting a movie. We had it narrowed down to Yes Man (With Jim Carrey) or Swing Vote (With Kevin Costner). So she asked me "Do you want to watch a funny movie? Or one with Kevin Costner?" I start laughing out loud to the point that everyone in the store thinks there is something wrong with me. Tracie tried to downplay it saying that she didn't mean it that way. But now we all know that Tracie doesn't think Kevin Costner is funny. We ended up renting Swing Vote. It was very good and Kevin Costner was pretty funny.

One more thing before I go. I'm sure am glad I'm not a celebrity right now. Not a good time to be one. They're dropping like flies. Let's have a short memoriam for those we have lost over the past few weeks.

Ed McMahon: Now I'll never be able to cross "Ed McMahon showing up at my door with a huge check from Publisher's Clearing House" off my bucket list.

Farrah Fawcett: If I would've been born in the 60's like I probably should have. She would've been the girl of my dreams.

Billy Mays: Now who's going to come on the tv and tell me to buy things?

Steve "Air" McNair: Will always be remembered for leading the Titans one yard short of a Super Bowl victory.

And finally,

Michael Jackson: A major breakthrough in modern science becoming the first black male to successfully become a white woman.

Comments